Steve Braunias - Guest Speaker and
Presentations selected from the 18 Auckland Network U3A Groups
LIFELONG LEARNING - SHARING KNOWLEDGE - FRIENDSHIP - LEADING EDGE INFORMATION
Crime doesn’t pay but it’s a ratings winner.
I like to write about murder trials. I like going to the High Court, that grand building in the most English corner of Auckland, and watching the jury watch the accused, and listening to the stories told by the prosecution and defence lawyers, and taking notes of things said and seen. The result is my latest true-crime book Missing Persons. Why is it that we all share a fascination with the awful things that happen to innocent victims?
• Promote the growth of the U3A movement
• Provide support for management and learning in U3As
• Raise the profile of the U3A movement
• Promote the benefits of lifelong learning
• Collect and disseminate the exchange of information and ideas which enable each U3A to run effectively
• Encourage and assist the formation of new U3As.
PURPOSE & POLICIES >
U3A UK HISTORY >
U3A’s point of difference from other organisations for Seniors is our Study Group structure. This enables us to carry out our stated aim:-
"Those that teach shall also learn,
those that learn shall also teach."
by Peter Laslett one of the founders of U3A UK in 1981.
In 2014 this marked the 25th Anniversary of U3A in New Zealand which was celebtrated with a Guest Speaker and Mini Talk presentations by various Auckland U3A. The same formular has been applied to this years "Celebrating U3A in Action 2021" event.
Celebrating U3A 2018
U3A in Action 2017
U3A in Action 2016
U3A in Action 2014